If I could come home after school and open up that yellow container with the brown rabbit on the front (y'all know which one I'm talking about) and pour LOADS of the strawberry powder into a big glass of cold milk...stir it up....sip....*Ahhh....* Now THAT is childhood calling.
All you need is fresh strawberries. Imagine that!
Homemade Healthy Strawberry Milk
4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled.
4 Tbsp. stevia
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. butter extract
pinch of salt
3 cups milk*
*Note: I do not recommend almondmilk for this recipe. I tried it, and it doesn't mix well--not like regular dairy milk does. Haven't tried other types of milk yet.
Cut strawberry tops off and hull them. Hulling means you just cut out that center white part of the strawberry. It's kinda bitter and taking it out will result in a sweeter batch of strawberries to place in your food processor or blender.
Like I said, place strawberries in blender or food processor along with the stevia, vanilla extract, butter extract, and pinch of salt.
Puree and blend the strawberry mixture until very smooth. This is what it should look like.
Healthy Recipe Tidbits
- This is a very low-sugar recipe. But definitely tastes sweet enough! Especially if you use sweeter, in-season strawberries.
- Consuming more strawberries (and berries in general) may help you burn off more store body fat. This is due to the anthocyanins in the strawberries that give them their red color.
- Strawberries also aid in reducing inflammation in yoru body and help boost short term memory.
Sign up for my Newsletter!
In my newsletters you can find interesting tidbits of info, including:
- healthy habit recommendations you can incorporate easily into your daily life
- food history and food company histories with some interesting food facts
- foods and drinks recommended to aid in certain health problems or health concerns
- some food humor to keep you laughing
As you can see, LOTS of great stuff here in my newsletters! To sign up, just enter your the following in the form below:
- Email address
- A message of any sort of health or cooking or nutrition-related topic YOU would be interested in seeing in my newsletters. Anything you have questions about or need advice about.
That's it! Thank you so much for signing up!