I'm a rebel, I just can't help it. Or maybe I just don't' want to spend half a paycheck on snacks and drinks for my movie theater watching experience. Yeah, that probably has something to do with it.
- sliced zucchini, baby carrots, and baby tomatoes
- salads (yes...whole salads in bowls)
- my homemade cinnamon pita chips
- Clearly Kombucha drinks
- goldfish crackers, popchips, and mixed cereals
Oh, and we can't forget POPCORN! I make my own healthier and homemade microwave popcorn in brown paper bags at home all the time and then manage to bring in these giant plastic bags of my own popcorn to the theater. Don't ask how I actually manage to sneak all these eats and drinks in...I'm a magician.
Now, back to the popcorn. I recently discovered this superbly simple and sweet version of homemade microwave popcorn using one of my most favorite stevia sweetener products: NuNaturals.
The NuNaturals company is also just a great high-quality company overall and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. If you order their products, they even include an entire book with every order or set of samples they send out with recipes, information about their stevia and how it is made, and much, much more. They make sure to give thorough explanations of their products, and I love that they have NO MSG or hidden sources of sugar.
With that being said, I couldn't help but start experimenting with the NuNaturals products because you can use them for SO many recipes. One of my favorites that I've discovered so far is this simple and easy 2-ingredient cherry vanilla popcorn. Quite possibly the easiest recipe you'll ever see me post on Enticing Healthy Eating.
NuNaturals 2-Ingredient Cherry Vanilla Popcorn
In small bowl, mix together the popcorn kernels and NuNaturals Liquid Sweetener until the kernels are well-coated. Pour into paper bag and gently shake popcorn around a bit. Fold over paper bag and tape to close.
Place in microwave and microwave for roughly 2-2 1/2 minutes (this time depends on strength of your microwave and the temp) Pop until the popping starts to die down and kernels start to pop farther time apart than 3-4 seconds. Take out paper bag, open, and enjoy NATURALLY AND NO-CALORIE sweetened popcorn treat!
How simple is that?! You can actually taste the stevia flavor on the popcorn! I thought it was incredible.
If you're intersted in purchasing some of the NuNaturals Pure Liquid NuStevias in a multitude of flavors you can find them HERE
And did you know if you're craving a sweet and/or salty treat, homemade popcorn is one of your healthiest and cheapest ways to go?
Healthy Recipe Tidbits
- 1 cup of air-popped popcorn contains around 31 calories and 1 gram of fiber
- Popcorn contains polyphenols, which studies have shown air in combating and preventing cancer.
- Popcorn is a great choice for adding some whole grains to your diet because this air-popped popcorn is 100% whole grain!
- The ingredients in NuNaturals are unlike other sugar substitutes such as sucralose (found in Splenda) and sugar alcohols (malitol, xylitol, etc.) because NuNaturals will not cause you to have a sugar spike, and subsequent crash later, in your blood glucose levels.
What's your favorite type of popcorn topping or flavor?