I tell you 11 random facts about myself and then answer the 11 questions the person who nominated me asked as well. This is a great way to get to know other bloggers and to let them know a little more about you. I split up the questions that both bloggers who nominated me asked as well to make it a little easier. I can’t lie, I love reading random facts about other people. Curiosity killed the cat...Satisfaction brought it back.
Random Facts About Me:
- I am a member of a pretty small Native American tribe in Oregon called Coquille. Though it may be small, it does play a large part in my life. I've always felt very connected to my Native American heritage and I try to live my life based off of many of their philosophies. Some of which include a love and respect for all living things, a love for all things eco-friendly, etc. Also, if I had to assign any sort of "style" to myself I would definitely say I lean more towards boho and earthy clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc.
- I can eat a whole carton of raw mushrooms, particularly baby 'bellas, on my own. Easy. Just plain, raw mushrooms. It really grosses my boyfriend out, but he's just being a not so "fungi". (Ha!) What can I say? I like mushrooms.
- My thumbs are two very different lengths and widths. It's hereditary because my dad has the same thing, but it's his left thumb that is the shorter thumb while mine is my right.
- I can't stand the sound of people chewing or swallowing or any other food sounds. I CANNOT take it. It's actually got a name too!
"--Misophonia: literally "hatred of sound", is a neurological disorder in which negative experiences (anger, flight, hatred, disgust) are triggered by specific sounds."
- I used to have disordered eating problems and even a bit of orthorexia. Orthorexia is defined as "those having an 'unhealthy obsession' with otherewise healthy eating". A bit confusing? Basically, I became far too fixated on worrying constantly about the calories and nutrients in every single food I put into my body and I relied way too much on the number on the scale for determining how much exercise I'd do for the day, what I would eat, etc. I didn't even realize I had orthorexia symptoms until the past couple years when I look back on my life then as compared to now and have far I've come to move away from those unhealthy obsessions with numbers. The scale no longer controls me and although I still struggle sometimes and have bad days where I'll worry a little too much and the body image issues start coming back, I know I'm much more confident today. I ain't got nothin' on Beyonce, but I love my curves!
- I have one tattoo--a blue rose on my right shoulder blade. I got it when I was 16 and don't regret it for a second. A blue rose symbolizes mystery, an appreciation for the enigmatic, and something that is unattainable. I've considered getting one or two more in the future.
- One of my most favorite movie series of all time is Fast and the Furious. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel...Yes, please. Much love to Paul Walker.
- I can't stand the movie The Notebook. I know it goes against all womanly rules for me to dislike this classic romance story, but it's just too sappy for me! Give me a Fast and the Furious movie or a great comedy any day.
- I definitely went through some nerdy 90's kid phases back in the day. These included my short obsessions with Polly Pocket, Pound Puppies, Lisa Frank, and especially NEOPETS!! Oh goodness, I loved Neopets.
- I never want to give birth to my own children--Instead, I do want to eventually adopt a child one day.
- If I never had to wear pants or shorts again in my life, but rather, could only wear skirts and dresses all the time....I'd be in heaven. I like simple clothing. A dress is one article of clothing, so I feel most comfortable and beautiful in a dress.
Danielle's Questions for Me:
To give me more excuses to experiment and cook up healthy things in the kitchen, for one! I also felt blogging would help me reach more people, expand my writing skills, and possibly even be useful for my career goals. I would love to work in public relations, social media, and marketing for a major food, nutrition, or health company. But the most rewarding part of blogging?...I never expected to make so many great connections with others. Turns out more people other than just my boyfriend and parents have become interested in what I blog about! The friendships and connections I've made with readers, fellow bloggers, and businesses has been the best.
2. Have you ever traveled out of the country? If so, where?
Only once to Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was a family vacation when I was 11 years old. Greatest vacation EVER! The one time I got to scuba dive. I do hope to travel around the world much more in my life. My wanderlust cravings have definitely kicked in as I've gotten older.
3. What’s your favorite food to eat?
Oh come on....that's a really tough one for a food blogger! Haha. But I guess I'll say sweets, in particular pies and cookies.
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
Just one cat at the moment, Patch. And he's insane. No, really, I have never in my life known a cat with more odd quirks than this spoiled rotten guy. But he's much loved in mine and my parent's household.
To play: either soccer or volleyball. To watch: football. And I get INTENSE watching football games. Swear words are yelled at the screen, sometimes even a pillow or two is thrown....Especially if I'm watching the Arkansas Razorbacks, my alma mater. Wooo, Pig!
Any food I'm making to be shared with others. And I truly mean that. I get into cooking/baking more if I know I'm putting my heart and soul into some work that someone else can soon enjoy. Like this birthday cake I made for Wade!
Passionate. I know this because I have literally been told this by quite a few people I've met and talked to. And not just the kind of passionate that involves kissing and sexy time! (Sheesh guys...) I"m talking about many things in my life, actually--my passion for my goals and living life to the fullest.
8. What do you love most about blogging?
One of my favorite things about blogging and any online content creation in general is the freedom to express yourself. It's a fantastic space to grow and push yourself creatively. Also, I really enjoy sharing my recipes. Food and nutrition is a love of mind that runs deep, so when I can share it with others, well--that's one of my favorite things to do in the whole wide world.
9. What’s your favorite restaurant to eat at?
Another tough one. But these past few years I would have to say Fish City Grill. Their food is always ALWAYS great, fresh, and full of flavor. Plus since I've been a customer so often over the few years it's been in Northwest Arkansas, I've come to know quite a few of the servers and a couple of the owners and managers so it's nice to chat with all of them when I visit.
10. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I told my boyfriend I would only move and live with him if he agreed we could NOT move anywhere north of the current latitude line I live at now. Luckily, I have a man that understands and is willing to agree to those terms, haha. I hate the cold and the cold equally hates me.
I'm actually currently job searching, so this is a good question. My DREAM job would be to work as a public relations specialist and/or with a food, health, or nutrition company's social media marketing. I've grown to love social media, web-content development, and marketing more and more as I delve more into the blogging and internet world.
Right now, I really want to find a great job in the public relations, digital media, or social media/marketing field. I'm looking around in the Northwest Arkansas area AND Austin, TX because Wade and I are hoping to eventually move (within the next year ideally) to Austin to start our lives together finally be living in the same place.
Megan -- The Nutrition Addiciton
Heather -- The Soulful Spoon
Ashley -- I Forgot the Bread
Christina -- Hungry Meets Healthy
Here are my questions to you guys:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What blogs do you follow regularly?
3. What's your favorite type of food (Italian, Mexican, Seafood, etc.) and favorite food to eat?
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
5. What's your zodiac sign?
6. What is your favorite food to cook/bake?
7. If you could invent an ice cream what flavor and type would it be?
8. What do you love most about blogging?
9. Top 3 favorite musical artists?
10. Top 3 favorite movies?
11. What’s your dream job?